|Appearances||Zoids: Guardian Force|
|Debut||Zoids: Guardian Force Episode 3|
|Voice Actors||Japanese: 鈴木琢磨 (Takuma Suzuki)|
Before Guardian Force, Reese and Specular are found by a young boy in a ruin. However, the Helic army sought Reese and Specular and the villagers, fearful of a military attack, did not intervene. Only the boy, Nichalo, piloting a Helcat, moves to stop them. However, he is killed in the skirmish. Some time after that, Reese and Specular join up with Hiltz.
Specular's first appearance is in episode 3, where the Organoid and Reese take over a village. Soon, Van arrives, looking for Fiona (whom Reese kidnapped), and fights the two in their Double Sworder. Specular displays the ability to increase the size of Reese's Zoid beyond its usual proportions, but is nonetheless defeated by Van's Blade Liger. When Van wins, Specular and Reese flee. The two reappear again in episode 7, in which Specular kidnaps Fiona. Specular would also appear in episode 12, this time taking Reese away from Van and Fiona.
After this, Specular is seen following Reese around, even during Reese's change of heart. Specular also took Reese away from the battle with the Death Saurer, making sure that Reese was safe. At the end of the series, Specular (along with Shadow) is seen leaving with Reese and Raven.
Specular doesn't show much personality, but is shown to be kind and friendly to Reese.
Like all Organoids, Specular has the ability to fly (with boosters that are all over the Organoids body), fuse with the Zoid Core, and boost the power of Zoids. Specular is also able to amplify Reese's already formidable psychic powers. Specular is shown to be able to make a Zoid grow larger when fused with it. Specular is shown to have greatly enhanced the size of a Double Sworder upon fusing with it.
Like all other characters, Specular has unique relationships;
Reese: Specular is Reese's Organoid. Specular is shown to be kind and friendly to Reese, and will protect Reese from harm. As Reese is an Ancient Zoidian, she and Specular share a strong connection.
Hiltz: Specular is shown to not like Hiltz.
Shadow: Specular and Shadow are also shown to have a dislike of one another, but do become friendly later on. They did fight once, with Shadow being the winner, although this was only because Specular was trying to protect Reese and Raven from Shadow as he had been temporarily reverted back to his primal untamed state.
Ambient: Specular and Ambient do not get along well, and have "growled" at one another.
Zoids Legacy Database Entry
The following text pertains to information sourced from the game Zoids Legacy. This game used a translation format that differs from the one used by the Zoids Wiki. It also contains grammatical and typographical errors. As such, any quoted content that appears to be incorrect should be cross-referenced with the game before being edited.
"Rease's blue Organoid"
- A pre-painted mini-figure was included with the release of the HMM Psycho Geno Saurer. Unlike the HMM mini-figure releases of Zeke and Shadow, a core-fuzed version of Specular has never been released.
Photos courtesy of JRM Zoids.
- Despite having no official gender, Specular has a more feminine "voice" than the other organoids.
- Specular is often spelt "Specula" by fans and misspelled "Sakura" on the Viz media DVD.
- "Specula" is the feminine of "speculum," a Latin word meaning "mirror." Similarly, "Specular reflection" is the type of reflection found on very smooth reflective surfaces. "Specular" is a common material parameter in computer graphics along with "Ambient" and "Diffuse".
- Specular is the only Organoid not to have been shown being 'born' from its stasis pod.